Online UK Betting Sites. UK Betting Tips & Free Bets. Sports Betting UK. Football Betting UK
Online Betting Industry in the UK
UK betting has emerged back in 19th century. Today, the United Kingdom is the leading country, where betting is legal, and many gambling enterprises have their license to act as bookmaking agencies. Any disputes between gamblers and bookmakers are settled by an Independent UK Betting Commission. People in the UK can make bets in traditional bookmaking agencies as well as on the phone and over the Internet. Just like all modern gamblers, the British prefer UK online betting, which is more sophisticated and tax-free, whereas the bets made in a real office are subject to 15% tax charges. Each year, betting in UK brings about $700 million to the country's treasury.
Is online UK betting legal? All the gambling activities in the UK are regulated by the Gambling Act of 2005, which covers all gambling activities in the United Kingdom, except for the National Lottery and stock market betting.
- Listed below are the key provisions of the Act that refer to online gambling such as online casinos, bookmaking agencies, UK football betting and any other forms of online or telephone gambling:
- UK betting websites are subject to regulation by the UK Betting Commission.
- Any owner of an online gambling service located in the United Kingdom can only run his/her business based on a relevant license issued by the commission mentioned above.
- Owners of online gambling services located outside the UK must run their services in compliance with the requirements of the country that hosts their business.
- British residents are free to make UK bets and gamble online in the convenience of their homes. No special provisions of the Gambling Act prohibit online gambling from home.
- European gambling agencies can freely advertise their services in the United Kingdom provided that they are compliant with the local regulations.
What are the benefits of UK online betting?
- In addition to the legal status of online betting in UK, other benefits include:
- It is very convenient, because you can make UK bets online, 24 hours a day. A lot more information about the event is available. After all, you can instantly use the Internet to look through similar patterns and consider the odds.
- The odds in online gambling are usually higher than those offered by traditional bookmakers. Why? Because gamblers can register with several bookmakers and make bets on different platforms, which offer the best options for the selected gambling activity.
- Given the level of competition in the gambling industry, many online services offer special deals and bonuses.
For those who have never participated in online gambling, betting sites uk are really worth a try. With so many opportunities, there is definitely a chance for anyone. However, be sure to choose the right betting strategy and keep to it to avoid financial losses.
Good luck in betting!